Sunday, October 10, 2010

A walk down a familiar road

0148

The much loved autumn is here, colorful and magnificent!

 

0165b

One of the two darling cats I’m babysitting in Gävle.

 

This month I’m living in my sister’s apartment, babysitting the two cats and a cute rabbit. It’s fun to adjust my habits to a city I moved away from many years ago. I basically only come here when I visit my sister. It’s interesting to revisit places I’v spent quite much time in the past. I see things with new eyes and it makes me appriciate where I come from and what this city did for me as I grew up. Gävle is a great city to grow up in, my problem is just that it wasn’t a great city for me to live in as an adult. I grew out of it.

Spending a month here alone, as an adult, makes me feel more confident that I made the wright decicion when I moved to Örebro some almost five years ago. But I nolonger feel resentment. I nolonger feel I grew up in the wrong place. Gävle was good, it still is. I feel one month alone here is just what I need to refill my brain with appriceation and memories.

No comments: