Thursday, March 5, 2009

Photography - Frustration, love, hate or something in between?





I can't say I have had time to do all that I would love to do,
but I have had time for photography.
I love angles and capturing objects from a view few put focus on. May it be a classic object
left in the bushes, like the discarded rose. Or a roof so low I can get a rare glimpse of the tiles.
Finding a small park deserted in the middle of the day, making the city appear empty.
Or a snowy evening with the church surrounded by a comforting light.

I have questioned myself why I don't take more photos of people, and I think the final
answer is that people just don't challenge me. It is more difficult to take a somewhat unique photo of an object
that has had the same pose all through its existence, than of a person who can change pose
every ten frames.

Fleeing moments, forgotten details in a city that rushes from one day to the other without much thought
as to what is happening close by.
How many walked by the rose placed on the bushes?
Was it thrown there or carefully placed? What is it a sign of? Frustration, love, hate or
something in between?
I don't know, and I guess I'll never know. And that's the charm of it. Objects brought to life
by the imagination of its audience.

No comments: